Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ten days at Singapore.


Till now, its been a great experience in here. Life is different as it was in Chennai during my Undergraduate studies.
Coming out of the airplane I got the embarkation card signed with immigration authority. Took my luggage around 45kg and came out to buy a sim-card which took hell lot of my time. Finally decided and took M1 as it seemed cheaper. Had planned to take MRT directly but then it was little confusing and after all the tiring late night journey, took a cab. He was good. He drove at constant speed of 100km/hr. He didn't talk or asked anything and I was also busy seeing outside my cab window.
Beautiful roads, pathway, lots of trees and bushes with flowers making it look like a dream place. I had seen such places only in movies and seeing them in reality was really a good moment.
Reached my house I had booked. Met the owners and her kids who call me "uncle". LOL.
After breakfast and lunch given by my owner, went for shopping of daily needs.
Came back, went to canteen @NTU for dinner, returned and then talked with parents on skype and dozed off.
Woke up early next day, went for medical and got it done. Clicked little bit pics and roamed the market ahead of my house.
Akhil, my roomie came in next day. So, finally the boredom ended. It had been really boring eating alone and walking all the way to bus stop with earphone in ears. 
So, it was all good then. Exploring the NTU, surrounding, eating at different canteens, etc.
Went to meet a bhaiya @Jcube and had a pizza treat from him. He was really nice. Thankq bhaiya.
Also went to meet Anjali bua who lives quite far but going there to meet her and phuphaji and their kids was really awesome.
Bought new cycle three days ago. So, no more walking 1km for shuttle bus.
The weather is unpredictable in here. In morning it will be sunny then suddenly clouds will pop in and it will start raining. Evenings are wonderful as cool breeze of air is always there. 
Here in Singapore,The BEST thing is I am having meals all the three times. lol. Even though I have to cycle two kms till the canteen, Still I go everyday at lunch and dinner and eat stomach full ;) So, I am happy regarding this. Looking forward to be more fit. Good thing is I can get good veg food. :)
Yet to explore Singapore and go to different places. Hope to do that soon before course starts.
Yes, I miss my family - parents, sis, jiju, baba and dadi but yeah I prevent not to think.
Life is busy in here. Mostly chinese people in here. I do see some Indians too but when u start comparing, the ratio is less. 

Here, people drive cars that I used to drive in Need for Speed Games n all.. LOL
I hope I stay happy and energetic as I am right now for the rest of the time. Looking forward for the course to start. Will be competitive and interesting.
At least the experience is good till now, doing everything myself. Life is tough and it has just got tougher.
Challenge Accepted !! 

1 comment:

  1. Sushant, it was nice reading your first ten days :) Mine was very similar too, just that I had no cycle. Do blog often :)

    ReplyDelete