Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stray Dogs

 “Bhow Bhow”, said my little female dog when she saw me after five months, wagging her tale in a great speed. She was just 6 months old when she had last seen me. I asked her, “ Hmm.. kya hua, pyari butru” and she replied something and tried to jump upon me. I don’t know what she replied but i know she remembered me and was a lot happy to see me.
In India, there is always one thing that hates me: People tend to love the puppies that roam near their house, give them biscuits, milk but when the same dogs grow up, people throw stones at them and try to “shoo” them away. But when they have babies, people show love again. Still, not on the grown up dogs, but on their babies.
Maybe the reason for this is that puppies look cute, neat and healthy whereas the elder ones are dirty, bony and scary.
I am not here to say that we should go and help each and every dog in the locality, even if he seems to have got a very bad smell with some disease. No, I would say leave them. They are difficult to be healed and taken care of. Because what happens is when people tend to go n feed them, some get scared as they have been hated always by the people and in their own protection, they bite us and then we go n shout loud in locality that “Hai Raam, pagal kutta kaat dia” and see that it gets killed. And everyone in the locality starts to hate each and every stray dog.
What I say is just do whatever you can. Start with few biscuits or bread pieces. Also, giving out 2 pieces of chapatti everyday won’t cost you fortune. But when you do, just see the happiness in their face, ohh I mean their tail. It is not necessary to go and feed each and every dog in your locality. Just feed one and tell others to feed someone else.
People go and buy dogs and take care of them by spending fortunes on them. And yet care nothing for the stray dogs. Why such a discrimination among dogs? (sounds funny though but its true)
If you will show some love on stray dogs, they will shower more love upon you. Just try once.

3 comments:

  1. I will take your advice. We need to care for our little 4 legged friends better~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have given home to one stray, and I totally agree with the last line u have written.They are just swt animal, just a bit of love and protection and they are all urs. And Pls Ppl, stop showing off by buying a high breed and stuff. that sucks to the core.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said and thanks for showing love to the sweet little one. God bless.

      Delete